Thursday, September 07, 2006

white is beautiful




I don't do craft these days .. just finish up my craft room decor.. some wooly accessories.. to cuddle under and read magazines.. listen to music.. and do crafts.. I have cut so many pictures from all my old magazines.. all I do is to try to file them.. and prepare my cocoon..in the meantime..

this weekend I went to the junkstore.. second hand store.. thrift store.. shopping..
I was looking for a liqueur bottle as I mentioned I would.... I had something like Alice in the wonderland 's bottles in my mind.. remember.. those with 'drink me' labels.. something with a rounded belly and a thin swan neck.. I find these real feerique..

well couldn't find any.. but found this.. among other things..
I Isn't this some kind of support for cut flowers.. It must look lovely surrounded by flowers.. pink.. pale pink yes.. she will be like a little girl in a flower bed.. but first I have to find a suitable container.. in the same milky colour.. or a small flower patterned one.. we'll see.. inpiration never ends..

I believe it goes very well with this.. which I found a month ago at the same shop.. my sweet little fire angel.. I also found a lavender coloured tea light stand.. which fit in perfectly.. it sheds a lavender colour when I lit it..nowadays I like white and cream coloured accessories.. and placed them all together on a small dresser.. they look crisp and fresh.. at day light.. some are new.. some are old.. some are modern.. but the colour relies them.. the candle holder with cristals.. is a friend's gift.. who knows that I love candles- purple- and cristal..and sooo romantic during the evenings..where did I leave my wine glass.. and who turned the music off =))

6 comments:

dogfaeriex5 said...

you are right, it does look beautiful all fresh and creamy..love it

Cat said...

Beautiful collectables!
I enjoyed the tulip pictures in prior post also!

One Crabapple said...

Your Flower Girl and your Fire Angel are both such wonderful finds !

But to find this lavender glass to fit so perfectly inside...that was the best find of all I think !!!

I bet it is beautiful - glowing in lavender / purple.

I think you are right about the Flower Girl being for supporting flowers. What a great piece to use !

I loved seeing all of your whites together making a statement and looking so fresh and pretty.

That glowing picture and the thoughts of you looking up suddenly to find that it is dark ... makes me smile.

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

the glow at night soothes, the reflections sing softly, don't they!!

Anonymous said...

what great finds.
white is always beautiful.

jessica said...

nice pieces.
i like the last photo very much.